Title: Insurance Advisor (Full time)
Location: Grande Prairie, AB
Reporting to the Business Development Manager, the successful candidate will have experience in or is working towards being an insurance underwriter and/or broker. As part of the Business Development team, they will play a key role in handling our existing Personal Lines business while building strong, visible ties to our target market, as well as developing new Personal Property, Liability and Automobile products and clients. Duties will include direct customer contact as well as other supporting technical duties, as part of a team.
The successful candidate will have a desire to succeed in a team environment and demonstrate a strong customer service attitude. Must be accurate and detail oriented, while able to see the big picture. They will handle tight deadlines, multi-tasking, customer service inquiries; all with a positive “can do” attitude and oversee issues through to successful resolution.
Mennonite Mutual Insurance provides property, liability and auto insurance for homes, farms and businesses, in a caring manner to Evangelical Christians in Alberta. We support the work of local church congregations through the ministry of our Compassion Fund and the work of the Mennonite Central Committee. Mennonite Mutual is guided by a vision statement which is based on Galatians 6:2: “Bear one another’s burdens, and so fulfill the law of Christ”.
- Quote and service new business from leads provided by the Companies’ marketing endeavors
- Provides customers with complete insurance coverage options with new product sales, policy limits, cross selling and exposure reviews
- Receives and processes client requests and reviews documentation for routine policy changes, additions, deletions, renewals or cancellations
- Coordinates client information to initiate and follow through on renewal process
- Ability to address client inquiry on premium, account reconciliation, and billing
- Maintain and develop additional relationships with policy holders and business partners
- Represent MMI in a respectful, professional manner, acting in good faith
- Special projects and other duties as requested
- Occasional travel will be required
- Recent Personal Lines Insurance experience would be an asset
- Knowledge of farming (property & liability) would be an asset
- Must have General Agent Level 1 License, or working towards
- Strong analytical, communication and organizational skills required
- Comfortable using MS Office suite of products
- Superior people skills is a must
Resumes should be directed to Estelle Besserer