Claims Customer Satisfaction
MMI Insurance is committed to providing customers with exceptional service. If you are not satisfied
with the service you have received, we encourage you to give us your feedback through the
following Claims Customer Satisfaction Process.
STEP 1 – Resolve the Problem with the MMI Adjuster
When you have a concern, we recommend that you start with the MMI adjuster that is handling your
claim. It is usually swifter and simpler to check the facts and find a resolution at the point where the
Gather the Facts
We recommend that you have all pertinent information prior to contacting your MMI adjuster. The
information needed might include:
- details of your complaint.
- your policy and/or claim numbers.
- any supporting documents and important dates.
- the names of any employees/contractors you have dealt with.
STEP 2 – Ask to speak to their Manager
If your complaint is not resolved after completing Step 1, you can escalate the matter to the MMI
What you can expect
- The Claims Manager will speak with you to obtain relevant information, discuss your
concerns and give you an approximate time needed to review your file.
- The Claims Manager will conduct a thorough review of your file and the concerns you have
raised and then provide you with a clear response explaining MMI Insurance’s position on
the matter to you in writing.
- If you remain dissatisfied with the response, the Claims Manager can provide you with
information on how you can escalate your complaint to MMI’s Complaint Liaison Officer.
STEP 3 – Escalation to the MMI Complaint Liaison Officer
If you remain dissatisfied after speaking with the Claims Manager, you may escalate your concerns
to the MMI Complaint Liaison Officer for an independent review. Please note that the MMI Complaint
Liaison Officer will not review a complaint that has not gone through the above steps first.
Any complaint escalated to the MMI Complaint Liaison Officer should be made in writing. When
escalating your complaint, please provide a summary of your situation which should include:
- a list of all unresolved concerns
- the reason you feel your concerns have not been resolved at the above steps
- any additional documentation/information that you would like to have reviewed
- what is your desired outcome for this complaint
The role of the MMI Complaint Liaison Officer is to conduct an independent and impartial
investigation of your complaint. The objective of this investigation is to examine whether your file
was handled fairly and appropriately.